Introduction

The Space Between: A place of conversation to discuss God, life, and all the things in between.

Monday, September 16, 2013

A Prayer for Wellington UMF's Season of Prayer

Here is a prayer for those of you wondering how you can extend Wellington Fellowship's "Season of Prayer" into your own lives. I handed this out last Sunday, so know that through praying these words you are joining with the voices of many others who want to discern God's desires for our church. May the Holy Spirit bless us in this endeavor and guide us to the path we seek! Blessings upon you my friends.



DEAR LORD, our great Creator, thank you for my church, and for the people who are part of it. I’m grateful to be reminded each Sunday of:

Who I want to be,
Who you want me to be, and
Who you want us to be together.

Continue to guide our pastor, our leaders, and each church member to pursue this dream.
Keep us faithful to you and to the mission you have given us.
Help our lives better reflect your love, both as individuals and as a community.

I pray for courage and encouragement,
For vision and growth of our church ,
and other new churches like ours who are trying to set down roots in this world.

Let their lives show your love and caring
So that many people who need you will find you.
And that whole towns like Wellington would be changed.
Help my living always be a credit to my church
And a sign of my faith in you.
Guide us we pray
 Amen.
-Adapted from Prayers for Life’s Ordinary and Extraordinary Moments by Mary Lou Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment